Seizing Possibilities

Seizing Possibilities
Seizing Possibilities

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What's your Logo or Watermark?

Today I’ll touch upon an aspect I really never gave much thought to until I started my website.  While I knew what my website was going to be about, my art, photography and why I do what I do; I didn’t give much thought about a concise way to show and promote it with a logo or watermark stamp.  The real impact came when I saw the watermark they put across my photographs!  YIKES!!  That wasn’t what I wanted at all.  So I feverishly began to draw and think and I tried to run some ideas past trusted friends and family.  In the meantime I used a simple signature to at least get the garish copyright wording they provided off my photographs!  I have since come up with the logo I want to use and what I think says Dru, this is what I do! 
So for today’s tip, think seriously about a logo and copyright symbol to identify yourself and what you do.  If you are not savvy in this area of working with Photoshop or Elements, find someone to help you.  I did mine myself so I don’t have any “go to” people for you, but a graphic artist would be a good place to start.  Ask around locally or use someone who is willing to listen to what you are trying to accomplish with your work.  Come with ideas that they can build upon and then, let them do their stuff until it is tweaked to your liking.  Don’t hesitate, it can be great fun and exhilarating once you get the, “Aha! That’s it!”
My Logo now looks like this:
http://on.fb.me/h36uuk

No comments:

Post a Comment