Seizing Possibilities

Seizing Possibilities
Seizing Possibilities

Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't let that overwhelming feeling get you down!

Today I am thinking about forming priorities.   Lying in my bed this morning before jumping out into the cold, I lay snuggled warm under my covers and began to think how overwhelming building this website has been for me.  I am someone who has taken photographs for years and has tens of thousands to look through and I could flail on for a long time without a purpose if I don’t keep my goal in mind.  So, what are your goals for your photography?  What kind of photography do you want to do? How can you best express it with your online websites and galleries?  Concentrate on those photographs first then you can go back through the others.  I know I can take that overwhelming feeling away if I just stay with that premise and work through the most recent work that helps convey the kind of work I would like to do with my photography business.  Working toward getting my portfolio together is one of the most challenging aspects and even though I thought I was prepared and had laid a lot of ground work, there are still many stumbling blocks and setbacks.  Write that artist statement and keep it posted next to you to serve as a constant reminder of the purpose and focus of your work and your website.  Let it serve to inspire you to move forward.  My goal before Christmas is to keep focused.  I am going to steer myself straight, how about you?

Visit my ongoing project at www.drustefanstone.com

1 comment: