Seizing Possibilities

Seizing Possibilities
Seizing Possibilities

Monday, February 28, 2011

March Calendar Wallpaper-Christchurch Cathedral

Recent earthquakes have shaken Christchurch, New Zealand or Aotearoa, in Maori, the Land of the Long White Cloud.  Last summer on my visit I brought home with me several photographs that I had taken of the cathedral.  Seeing recent photographs of the crumpled facade as a result of the recent earthquakes made me realize the important role photography can make for historians and rebuilding of historic buildings and sites.  This month to honor the people of Christchurch and their beautiful city the photograph I have chosen for your computer wallpaper is the Cathedral on the Square before the devastation. Ma Te Atua koe e manaaki, Christchurch.


The wallpaper can be found at Flickr and Facebook.

A few more photographs of that lovely city.















No comments:

Post a Comment